- February 2022. University of Messina-University of Moderna and Reggio Emilia
‘Frontiere del Mutamento Linguistico’ Webinars
I possessivi nei sintagmi nominali indefiniti: italo-romanzo e daco-romanzo a confronto.
- October 2020. Anglia Ruskin University and Cambridge University
Romance Linguistics Seminars
Lost voices: sociolinguistic observations on the epistemic future in two varieties of the same dialect .
- March 2020. University of Oxford
Romance Linguistics Seminars.
When Greek meets Romance: Changing alignments in the Greek of southern Italy (with A. Ledgeway and N. Schifano).
- June 2019. University of Konstanz
Le perifrasi progressive nell’italo-greco e il ruolo del contatto linguistico (with A. Ledgeway and N. Schifano).
- April 2019. University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
Language contact in southern Italy and the syntax of DP, Webinar.
- June 2018. University of Ghent
‘Possessive constructions in Romance’ Conference (PossRom2018)
Possessives in indefinite nominal phrases: a comparison across Romance
- May 2017. Humboldt University of Berlin
Greek-Romance contact in southern Calabria: properties of D and differential object marking
- April 2017. University of Cambridge
Linguistics Forum Microvariation in argument-marking in the Romance and Greek varieties of southern Italy (joint work with A. Ledgeway and N. Schifano)
- May 2016. Italy, University of Pisa
Workshop on Greek Linguistics, Inchieste sul campo e greco d’Italia
- June 2014. Netherlands, University of Leiden
Workshop on ‘Rafforzamento Fonosintattico’
‘Rafforzamento fonosintattico’: a phenomenon of the phonology-syntax interface
- September 2012. Italy, Università per Stranieri di Siena.
XLVI International Conference of the Società di Linguistica Italiana
Genitives in Romance: insights on Case assignment
- September 2012. Italy, University of Viterbo
Conference ‘Lingue e grammatiche’
A syntactic classification of Indo-European Languages (with G. Longobardi)
- November 2011. Italy, Università per Stranieri di Siena.
Workshop ‘Lingue e grammatiche: contatti, divergenze, confronti’
Cases of non-prepositional genitives in Romance
- May 2018. University of Cambridge
On the interplay between case and information structure in Italo-Greek (joint work
with A. Ledgeway and N. Schifano)
- February 2017. UK, University of Oxford.
Romance Linguistics Seminars
‘Progressive constructions in Griko and Salentino: ”a chaotic phase of grammaticalization”?’ (joint work with A. Ledgeway and N. Schifano)
- January 2017. UK, University of Cambridge, Trinity Hall
45th Romance Linguistics Seminar
Greek-style genitive and differencial object marking: mapping correlation in southern Calabria
- December 2016. Belgium, University of Brussels
Brussels Conference on Generative Linguistics (BCGL9): Phase Theory
(Beyond) Force, Mood and Modality: matrix complementisers in Italian dialects
(with V. Colasanti)
- September 2016. Italy, University of Turin
2nd International Conference on the Sociolinguistics of Immigration
Teaching Italian to multilingual immigrants: the environmental leap. (with M.
- July 2016. Austria, University of Vienna
XI Cambridge Italian Dialects Syntax and Morphology
(Beyond) Force, Mood and Modality: matrix complementisers in upper southern
Italian dialects (with V. Colasanti)
- May 2016. UK, University of Manchester
24th Manchester Phonology Meeting
Liaison and propagation between phonology and morpho-syntax (with V. Masutti)
- November 2015. Romania, University of Bucharest
Romance Syntax Workshop
Reduplication as a strategy for -ever free relatives
- July 2015. Italy, University of Naples ‘Federico II’
22nd International Conference of Historical Linguistics
Genitives and (pseudo-)partitives in the history of Romance: a parametric account for cross-linguistic evidence
- July 2015. Portugal, University of Lisbon
ProVar. Workshop on prosodic variation Epenthesis of -/@/ prosodically licensed: evidence from southern Italian dialects
- June 2015. UK, University of Cambridge
Anglia Ruskin and University of Cambridge Romance Linguistics Seminars
Some aspects of the phonology-syntax interface in Romance: comparing liaison and propagation (with V. Masutti)
- April 2015. Greece, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
6th Annual Meeting of the Department of Linguistics, School of Philology
Greek and Romance in southern Italy: a syntactic phylogeny (with A. Ceolin, C.
Guardiano, G. Longobardi, D. Michelioudakis, I. Sitaridou)
- February 2015. Italy, University of Perugia
41st Incontro di Grammatica Generativa
Unagreement between Italian and southern Italian dialects (poster; with G. Höhn and M. O. Squillaci)
- January 2015. UK, University of Cambridge, Trinity Hall College
43rd Romance Linguistics Seminar
Metaphonetic diphthongisation as a phenomenon of the phonology-syntax interface 5G. Silvestri
- September 2014. Greece, University of Patras
Modern Greek Dialects and Linguistic Theory 6
Auxiliary selection in Greko of Bova: a Greek-Romance comparison. (with N. Schifano and M.O. Squillaci)
- July 2014. Hungary, University of Budapest
Diachronic Generative Syntax 16
Genitive(s) in diachrony: change/retention in parameter-setting
- June 2014. Austria, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
The Interfaces of Adjective and Adverb in Romance and English (CIAA 2014)
Adverb (and participle) agreement and spit intransitivity in Northern Calabrian dialects.
- May 2014. UK, University of Manchester
22nd Manchester Phonology Meeting
Metaphonetic Diphthongization and ‘Rafforzamento Fonosintattico’ as phenomena
of the phonology-syntax interface
- February 2014. Italy, University of Trento
40th Incontro di Grammatica Generativa
Adverb agreement: the case of southern Italy (poster)
- January 2014. UK, University of Cambridge, Trinity Hall College
42nd Romance Linguistics Seminar
Adverb (and participle) agreement and split intransitivity in southern Italian dialects.
- September 2013. Croatia, Split
Conference of the Societas Linguistica Europaea Prepositionless genitives in Romance (alternate).
- July 2013. France, University of Lorraine-Nancy
XXVII Congrès International de Linguistique et de Philologie Romanes
Residui di genere neutro come categoria morfosintatticamente funzionale nell’italo-romanzo meridionale.
- May 2013. UK, University of Cambridge
Genitive and Dative of Possession: syntactic issues in Romance
- May 2012. USA, Stanford University.
Workshop of the Center for Race, Ethnicity, & Language
Minority languages in southern Italy: a linguistic analysis (poster).
- May 2011. UK, University of Manchester
19th Manchester Phonology Meeting Issues in metaphony in southern Italian dialects 6G. Silvestri
- May 2011. Netherlands, University of Leiden
International Conference ‘Italian Dialects in Diachrony’
Prepositionless Genitive: cases of Juxtaposition Genitive and N-to-D raising in Italian dialects.
- April 2011. USA, University of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Annual conference of the American Association of Italian Studies
Teaching Italian as a second language to immigrants in voluntary contexts *
(with M. Sarro)